On October 1st Microsoft released the latest Cumulative Update (CU8) targeting SQL Server 2019 for Windows.
SQL Server 2019 CU8 contains the fix for the reliability issue that affected SQL Server 2019 CU7.
If you applied Microsoft SQL Server 2019 CU7, and you are using the database snapshot feature explicitly together with the “CREATE DATABASE … AS SNAPSHOT OF” syntax, please re-create the snapshot after you apply CU8.
Note: The SQL Server 2019 on Linux CU8 update will be available at a later date.
|Component||Product version||File version|
Download today and test your environment with the latest CU
Cumulative updates (CU)
- Each new CU contains all the fixes that were included with the previous CU for the installed version of SQL Server.
- SQL Server CUs are certified to the same levels as Service Packs and should be installed at the same level of confidence.
- Microsoft recommends ongoing, proactive installation of CUs as they become available according to these guidelines:
- Historical data shows that a significant number of support cases involve an issue that has already been addressed in a released CU.
- CUs may contain added value over and above hotfixes. This includes supportability, manageability, and reliability updates.
- Microsoft recommends that you test SQL Server CUs before deploying to production environments.
A number of fixes have been released in this CU and you can check them all here.