On June 2nd, Microsoft released the latest Cumulative Update (CU5) targeting SQL Server 2019 for Windows and Linux.
|Component||Product version||File version|
Download today and test your environment with the latest CU
Cumulative updates (CU)
- Each new CU contains all the fixes that were included with the previous CU for the installed version of SQL Server.
- SQL Server CUs are certified to the same levels as Service Packs and should be installed at the same level of confidence.
- Microsoft recommends ongoing, proactive installation of CUs as they become available according to these guidelines:
- Historical data shows that a significant number of support cases involve an issue that has already been addressed in a released CU.
- CUs may contain added value over and above hotfixes. This includes supportability, manageability, and reliability updates.
- Microsoft recommends that you test SQL Server CUs before deploying to production environments.
A number of fixes have been released in this CU and you can check them all here.