On May 28th, Microsoft released the latest Cumulative Update (CU13) targeting SQL Server 2016 SP2.
When applied, the product versions change as below:
|Component||Build version||File version|
Cumulative updates (CU)
- Each new CU contains all the fixes that were included with the previous CU for the installed version of SQL Server.
- SQL Server CUs are certified to the same levels as Service Packs and should be installed at the same level of confidence.
- Microsoft recommends ongoing, proactive installation of CUs as they become available according to these guidelines:
- Historical data shows that a significant number of support cases involve an issue that has already been addressed in a released CU.
- CUs may contain added value over and above hotfixes. This includes supportability, manageability, and reliability updates.
- Microsoft recommends that you test SQL Server CUs before deploying to production environments.
A number of fixes have been released in this CU and you can check them all here.
Download the latest CU for SQL Server 2016 SP2 from here now.
Note on latest Service Pack
If your SQL Server 2016 is not on the latest Service Pack (SP2), download the latest SP for your SQL Server from here before trying to apply this CU.